My wonderful friend Sarah (@musiced20) pulled me into the PLN blogging challenging. I was hoping I would skate by here it goes! 😉
My 11 Random Facts
1. I played field hockey for almost 10 years. I started taking camps in 3rd grade and played goalie from middle school to senior year of high school.
2. I have wicked bad wanderlust. If someone was to hand me a plane ticket today and say “I need you here tomorrow” I would go no hesitation.
3. I had a lot of learning challenges when I was younger, from fine motor to processing. I couldn’t even skip till Kindergarten. Picking up an instrument helped me adapt and was one of the few places I could walk in and be on the same level as everyone else in the room.
4. I see an allergist and have since I was at least a teenager. I have major asthma issues when I get sick and tend to be out for the count for at least a couple of weeks when this happens.
5. There has been a lot of “no” in my life. I’m not the kind of person who leaves with a “no” though.
6. I’m deathly afraid to touch or eat fish. I don’t mind looking but touching is a big no no. The last person to get me to eat anything from the ocean was Buzz from Quaver who got me to eat a piece of calamari at MMEA last year! (He was so nice I just couldn’t say no)
7. I’m a huge SyFy nerd. I grew through my awkward teen years addicted to Babylon 5. So much so I made some life long friends through it. I still write Fanfiction based on the series and have been for many years.
8. I don’t think I could ever live away from a body of water. I’ve been practically raised in a kayak and have ha my NH boating certificate since I was 16. Where ever I move too next needs to be close to water.
9. I wanted to be like Laura Croft when I was younger..I wanted to specialize in Egyptology and work with Zahii Hawass at the museum in Cairo and go on adventures..I still do. Anybody got a Mummy problem?
10. My dream music teaching job would be part instrumental part music tech. I occasionally find myself looking through the online classifieds for such a wonderful position.
11. I’m a daydreamer who’s full of hope that one day we’ll all be at peace among the stars.
My answers to Sarah’s questions:
1. Why do you blog? I blog because it is really my weekly brain dump. I think about things all through the week and being able to get it on “paper” finally makes it stop bouncing around in my brain. Also, I blog to help other music teachers I’ve met along the way enhance their tech skills to be the techy ninja they know they can be.
2. Who is the most intelligent person you know? Probably my Mother, I have had many brain freezes in my life and she guides me through them (most of the time without judgement like my sister does)
3. Name 1 professional accomplishment you are particularly proud of. As I write this? Probably having my story heard in NAfME’s October issue of Teaching Music Magazine. I have something else I’m dying to gush about but I don’t want to jinx it.
4. If you could quit your current profession and take a new one up, what would you choose? Archeologist, I want to dig up bones and play in the dirt and get chased by mummies.
5. Name the most interesting place you’ve ever visited. Right now it’s gotta be Seattle, it has been one of the furthest places I’ve been from home and was a really cool experience. I want to go back to visit soon.
6. Mac or PC? Do I really need to answer this? As I’m surrounded by 3 iPads, an iPhone, 2 MBs…etc..
7. If you were given $1,000,000 to give to charity, what cause(s) would you give to? Speedway Children’s Charities. I’m a diehard NASCAR fan and wouldn’t give it to anyone else.
8. Name a movie you can say most or all of the dialogue along with. AnchorMan 1..I need to go see 2..
9. Where did you complete your undergrad? Plymouth State University in Plymouth NH
10. Where would you like to live when you retire? Ireland or Scotland probably..I wanna meet a nice guy with a cute accent and a kilt and settle down there 😉
11. If someone were to visit the city where you live, what would be the best thing to see or do there? Visit me? hehe or they can hit up Pitman’s Freightroom for some killer jazz and blues nights.
Now, For Your Homework Assignment
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate and let the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
6. Post back here (in the comment section) with a link to your finished assignment.
1. Amy Burns (@awillis2)
2. Barb Freedman (@Musicedtech)
3. Joe Pisano (@pisanojm)
4. Joanna Griffin (@IJoannacg)
5. Richard McCready (@rammccready)
6. Julia Jackson McCready (@macsmom)
7. Ruby Boyden (@RubyVBoyden)
8. Margaret Lundberg (@mklundberg723)
9. Eric Bonnett (@musicteacher25)
10. John Martin (@edventures)
11. Nick Greenwood (@njgreenwood)
My 11 Questions for You
- What was your favorite food when you were a child?
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
- What would you name the autobiography of your life?
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
- What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
- Where’s IS Waldo?
To those tagged..enjoy! 🙂